East Noble High School's Online Newspaper by Students for Students

The Knightly Scroll

The Knightly Scroll

The Knightly Scroll

1000 Movies Down

1000 Movies Down

If I’ve ever had a conversation with you before then you’re probably aware that I am a total nut when it comes to movies. I won’t shut up about them and I have plenty of opinions about them. I love them so much that I keep track of how many movies I’ve seen, and one of my goals for senior year was to make it to 1000 movies.

And I did. My 1000th movie was the new Godzilla starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, and Bryn Cranston. There are only two reactions to that decision. One: “What?! That’s awesome! I love Godzilla!” Two: “Really? You couldn’t find something decent?”

Well, I believe I made the right choice. I loved the new Godzilla. I enjoyed the story, the havoc, and the special effects. Godzilla finally looked like the terrifying monster he was meant to be and the serious remake he deserved. A lot of people criticize it for the ludicrous details of the tale, but you’ve got to keep this in mind. It’s. A. Monster. Movie. It’s bound to be a little ridiculous. And that’s okay because overall it was an incredibly awesome movie.

This movie was also special to me because I got to see it with my family which was a priority of mine. Everyone liked it, thank goodness, and it was a great memorable evening. I went and saw X-Men: Days of Future Past for Movie 1001. That was incredibly awesome. They brought everyone back into play, it was dramatic and exciting, and every scene with Quicksilver was bust-a-gut hilarious. I definitely recommend both of these movies.

I hate goodbyes, but I will be no longer writing for the Knightly Scroll once this year is over. It has been a privilege to write for the new school newspaper and I’m just glad I could be a part of it. I know it will just take off next year and the year after and I can’t wait to see it become a bigger part of East Noble.

And just in case you were wondering some of my favorite movies are: The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, It’s a Wonderful Life, Toy Story, Tarzan (1999), There Will Be Blood, Iron Man, Silver Linings Playbook, Gran Torino, Braveheart, Warrior, The Grey¸ and The Phantom of the Opera (2004).