East Noble High School's Online Newspaper by Students for Students

The Knightly Scroll

All of the Current Happenings at East Noble High School

Remy Fisher, Editor-in-Chief

As the school year is coming to an end, students are becoming swamped with assignments and due dates. To make things a little easier, here is a guide to all of the events that are coming up within these last two months of school.

1. Prom

The most exciting season of all for upperclassmen: prom season! Prom this year is on Saturday, April 22nd, at the Kendallville Event Center. If you are attending with a date, make sure to ask your counselor about signing up for the Grand March, occurring before the actual prom itself in the main gym.

1. March of Dimes Fundraiser

Hosted by East Noble’s very own Key Club, the March of Dimes fundraiser entitled “Dime Wars” will be taking place from April 18th to the 26th. The Dime Wars are between Academic Labs, and whoever receives the most amount of points wins. The rules are as follows: Each academic lab will receive their very own March of Dimes box, and students are to put any spare change in their box and others’. Whatever academic lab wins the competition in 1st place will receive a pizza party, and 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive popcorn parties, courtesy of ENHS Key Club. All proceeds will go directly towards the March of Dimes organization, which helps to eliminate premature deaths among babies and strengthens the health among mothers everywhere. The contest will end on Wednesday, April 26th, and if there are any questions, contact Mrs. Swonger in room 316.

1. “Tarzan”

The East Noble theatre department is presenting the Disney classic play, Tarzan, on April 27th through the 30th. Under the direction of new theatre teacher, Miss Chloe Hines, the play will surely be one you can’t miss.

1. Yearbook Contest

The East Noble Yearbook, The Legend, is also hosting a contest within the school. Anyone who purchases a yearbook (online here or through the general office) from now until April 28th will be eligible for the prize drawing. Prizes include gift cards to Applebee’s, Burger King, and Wendy’s; a book of cherished high school memories and a free meal? It’s a win-win! If you have already purchased a book, don’t fret, you may still enter the prize drawing. To check if you have, email Mrs. Gump or check the list outside of her room, 030.

1. SAT Practice Exam

On Saturday, May 29th, English teacher Mr. Rickey will be holding an SAT practice exam. Beginning at 8 a.m. that morning and ending at noon, in room 204, any questions will be answered as the group thoroughly review the test and prepare for the real exam. Pizza and pop will be served as well! Reserve a spot before April 24th by contacting Mr. Rickey.

1. AP Exams

AP exams will take place during the weeks of May 1st and May 8th. To check which exact date your test is on, check in with your teachers and counselors. Keep studying and good luck, AP students!

1. ECA Testing

The dreaded, but required, underclassmen ECA testing will take place on May 8th through the 17th. Final classrooms and subject information will be handed out by teachers and staff.

1. Finals

While the exact dates and schedules for final exam testing are not announced yet, we can assume that finals week will take place during the week of May 22nd. It is best to start studying now and get a head start so you are prepared for the compilation of tests!

1. Last Day of School: May 26th!

• All of the Current Happenings at East Noble High School

News

Top Ten Seniors Recognized at Roots and Wings Dinner

News

Honor the Seniors With Awards at Senior Honors Night

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Tennis Senior Spotlight: Juliet Marar

News

Give Blood in June, Get FREE Cedar Point Ticket

Feature

Senior To-Do: May

Showcase

EN Varsity Baseball’s Victory over Columbia City

Opinion

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review

News

Prom 2017: Some Fun in Vegas

Opinion

This I Believe: The Power of Reading and Writing

News

Academic Super Bowl Wraps Up Season at State Qualifier